Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My trip to see Jared for His Birthday

Well this post wont have any pictures they weren't aloud. Well I decided to go see Jared for his Birthday. I took Friday off and left to go down Thurs after work. I only went as far as Vernon that was about half way. It is 8 hours to where he is at. I then went friday morning to go See and stay with My friend Mary Lewis. It was so nice to visit her, we also went to the new Gila Temple. I called the prison on Friday to see the hours and what all I could bring. I found out all I could bring is 30.00 worth of quarters. So I left early sat morning and came onto a turn off that said prison. So I get there and go in and they say to hurry up that I had to be in by 930. I told them I called yesterday and no one had said that to me. so I had for got Jared ADC # so they were trying to look it up and couldn't find him. Well I said isn't this the Fort Grant Prison. They said no this is the federal prison I had to go another 45 minutes away. So off I went and I turned off another road and went way deep into these mountains. I finally get there and fill out the paperwork and then the officer asks if the brace I had on did I have a doctors excuse to wear it. I said no. He told me that Jared was a level 1 and I could go in which it was 10 am and stay till noon or come back at noon and stay till 3. Well I was out in the middle of nowhere so I said what would I do for 2 hours and just decided to stay till noon.Then he told me that I can only have one key and one remote on me when I go in. So I take off my shoes empty my pockets and go thru the metal detector. I felt as if I was in the Airport. Well the alarm went off. He asked me if I had an underwire in my bra. I ran my hands under my breasts and said yes. He said you'll have to remove them. I said how the hell am I going to do that. He went into the office and came out with a staple remover. I looked at him and laughed. I said cant I just take it off he said no. He then show me to a room and the bathroom was at the end of it and I was heading that way. He said no you have to do it here in this room well there were windows with no shades and I said what about the windos he said no one can see in. He told me to make a hole where the wired ended and pull it thru so I turned my back to the windows and proceeded to do so. I took them out. Went out of the room and asked if I could put them with the rest of my things and he said no you have to throw them away. How ridiculous is that. Well I finally passed thru the metal detector. I had a good visit with Jared we ate all kinds of junk food out of the vending machines. HJared told me he just got fired from his job. He and his friend were goofing off and his friend thru a tomato at him and they had it on video so they fired him. He now works for the city of Wilcox. So he took a cut in pay but he should be able to get it back in 2 months. He has already finished his course in construction and he will take a course in air conditioning in the fall. He seemed in good spirits. But It sure was an experience.

No comments: